Employers want candidates with demonstrated computer proficiency. When you complete Literacy Pittsburgh’s computer classes, you will have an opportunity to earn a Northstar Digital Literacy certificate that can be added to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
Digital skills make you more competitive for good-paying jobs in high demand fields.
Classes meet in person at locations in Beaver County and Allegheny County. Anyone residing in these counties may participate. You do not need to be enrolled in another Literacy Pittsburgh program to sign up. Online classes are also available for some offerings.
Get an introduction to computers, learn essential software, and become familiar with using technology in daily life. Courses can help you gain proficiency in basic computer skills, navigating the internet, using email, Windows 10, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Docs, LinkedIn, and job search skills.
Open lab time is also available for individualized instruction and assistance with formatting a resume or cover letter.
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Literacy Pittsburgh is excited to offer a 12-week preparation certification course for Word and Excel. For details, visit our MOS certification page.
This program is part of Literacy Pittsburgh's Ready & Relevant initiative, which is made possible through community project funding from the FY22 federal spending bill. The total cost of the Ready & Relevant program is $1,790,803. $675,000 (38%) is funded through a Federal Community Project grant. The other $1,115,883 (62%) is funded through other public contracts and private donations.