Across the region, businesses report a lack of skilled workers. At Literacy Pittsburgh, we not only help students achieve their academic goals, we empower them to develop the skills necessary to advance in an ever-evolving job market. Literacy Pittsburgh students leave qualified for high-demand jobs, allowing them to pursue a living wage while combating the worker shortage.
Investments from corporations make a significant impact on the services we offer. In addition to unrestricted support of Literacy Pittsburgh students and programs, below are just a few ways your corporation can invest in Literacy Pittsburgh. Your investment will bolster our region’s workforce by preparing every student to succeed far beyond our classrooms.
Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC)
EITC is available to eligible businesses that contribute to educational improvement organizations in order to promote expanded educational opportunities for students in Pennsylvania. LEARN MORE
Our signature event is One Big Table: An International Tasting. Consider joining us by becoming a sponsor or purchasing tickets.
Corporate and Foundation Donors*
Acknowledging cumulative donations of $1,000 or more during the 2021-22 fiscal year.
- AEO Foundation
- Alcoa Foundation
- BNY Mellon Community Partnership
- BNY Mellon Foundation of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, PC
- Caboodle Technologies Inc.
- Calvary Episcopal Church
- Charles F. Peters Foundation
- Chick Lit Book Club
- CINIC Chemicals America, LLC
- Clapp Charitable & Educational Trust
- Clark Hunter Foundation
- Digital Dynamo LLC
- Double Eagle Foundation
- Eat'n Park Hospitality Group
- EQT Foundation
- Fairmont Pittsburgh
- FedEx Ground
- Gardiner Charitable Fund
- Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Grable Foundation
- Half Price Books Corporate
- Hefren-Tillotson, Inc.
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Howard and Nell E. Miller Foundation
- Jack Buncher Foundation
- James M. and Lucy K. Schoonmaker Foundation
- Laurel Foundation
- Massey Charitable Trust
- Maxine and William Block Fund
- McCune Foundation
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish
- Paul and Dina Block Foundation
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- PNC Advisors Charitable Trust
- PNC Foundation
- Posner Foundation of Pittsburgh
- Robert and Mary Weisbrod Foundation
- Ryan Memorial Foundation
- Snee-Reinhardt Charitable Foundation
- The Birmingham Foundation
- The Burke Foundations
- The Cooper-Siegel Family Foundation
- The Renaissance Network, Inc.
- UPMC and UPMC Health Plan
- W.I. Patterson Charitable Fund
*As of June 30, 2022